Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Smoked Salmon and Goat Cheese Quiche

I got my husband a smoker for Christmas, and it turns out, I've been using it more than him! I love smoking foods in it, and my favorite has turned out to be smoked salmon. The only problem with it is you have to smoke large pieces of meat, so I always have leftovers. This dish was a perfect way to use up my leftover smoked salmon. You can also get store bought smoked salmon if you don't have a smoker.

Ingredients
1 PC butter puff pastry - frozen
6 ounces Smoked salmon
cut in small pieces
1/2 cup Green onions
chopped
4 eggs

1 cup milk

1/2 teaspoon salt

Fresh ground pepper
1/8 cup Fresh dill
chopped
1 ounce soft goat cheese
cut in small cubes

Instructions:

Spread pastry in the bottom of the pie plate. Put half the green onion in the bottom and top with half the salmon and all the cheese. Repeat with remaining onion and salmon.Beat eggs with cream. Add salt, pepper and dill. Pour egg mixture over salmon.Bake at 350F for 40 - 50 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out cleanly.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...