Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fabulous Honey White Bread (Bread Machine)


I love the Sara Lee Honey Grain White Bread and thought I would try to make something similar at home. This is my standby when I am too lazy to make rolls. I think adding homemade bread to dinner takes it up a notch and this bread is just what I like. Soft, high rising and keeps well too. Plan ahead, it takes about 3 1/2 hours but most of that is in the bread machine. Also, I don't like how the bread looks out of the bread machine so I usually use the dough setting and then let it rise again in a normal sized bread pan and bake it at 350 for about 25-30 minutes. Then run about a tablespoon of butter over the top.

Fabulous Honey White Bread

1 1/4 cups warm milk
1 1/2 tbsp honey(stir spoon around in warm milk to get all the honey)
1 1/2 tbsp butter flavored shortening
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups white flour (I usually use bread flour)
1 1/2 tsp. bread machine yeast

Place ingredients in bread pan in order specified by your manual. Use the white bread and light crust setting (or dough setting if you want to bake it in a regular pan)
Your dough should be slightly tacky to the touch and soft when you press down on it. If it is too dry add warm milk 1 tsp at a time. If too wet add flour 1 Tbsp. at a time.

Makes 1 large loaf 2 lb. capacity
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...