Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ranch House Crock Pot Pork Chops with Parmesean Mashed Potatoes


This dinner was so yummy and the best part was it was so easy! I got the recipe from Picky Palate (although I added the mushrooms.)Her picture looks a lot yummier than mine but it was so good that both my husband and I ate it for lunch and dinner. The potatoes take a little more work but I think the gravy was the hit of the meal. It is a keeper for sure!
Pork Chops
6 pork chops 1/2 inch thick
1 packet dry Ranch Dressing seasoning mix
10 oz. can cream of chicken soup
2 small cans sliced mushrooms, drained(optional)
Place pork chops, ranch seasoning, soup and mushrooms into crock pot over high heat for 4 hours or low heat for 6.
Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
4 lbs. peeled, cubed potatoes
5 tablespoons real butter
1 cup fresh Parmesan cheese
6 cloves roasted garlic
1 1/2 cups warm milk * I used skim and it tasted great* ( this made pretty creamy mashed potatoes. I think next time I would cut it down to a cup or so because I like mine a little thicker. )
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Place potatoes in large pot of cold water. Place onto stovetop over high heat and bring to a full boil. Once water is boiling cook for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and transfer to the work bowl of a stand or electric mixer. Mix on low until potatoes are mashed then add butter, parmesan, garlic, milk, salt and pepper.
Top pork chops and potatoes with gravy from crock pot. I think this would be really good over rice also or using chicken instead of the pork chops.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...