My family loved the Chicken Rolls so much that I decided to try some other filling ideas. All of my kids will eat pizza so that is what I made. It was really tasty. Especially dipped in a little ranch. It tasted just like a little pizza sandwich with the nice butter taste from the crescent rolls. I made enough that I can stick them in the fridge for a quick snack. Just like a little hot pocket only better.
2 pkgs. pilsbury recipe creations (they are like crescent rolls, but just one big square)
1/2-3/4 c. pizza sauce, depending on your taste
48 pepperoni slices
2 cups shredded mozerella cheese
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup stove top stuffing, crushed
1.Unwrap dough. Cut into 6 small squares (or if you like larger 3) for each package.
2. Spoon about a tablespoon of pizza sauce on each square.
3. Spread pizza sauce ,making sure to leave the edges plain so you can seal them.
4. Put 4 slices of pepperoni on each square (more for larger)
5. Top with cheese
6. Fold in half and seal edges all the way around.
7. Brush each pocket with melted butter and sprinkle with crushed stuffing
Bake in 350 degree oven 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with ranch or your favorite dipping sauce. Makes 12 small or 6 large pizza pockets.
Be creative. You could use any pizza toppings you like--sausage, green peppers, pinepple, etc.