Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Best Big, Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie & Cookies and Cream Sundae




I love this cookie from allrecipes.com. I have made them several times and they are always good. I like my chocolate chip cookies on the soft side and sweet and these are perfect for my taste. I think it is the larger proportion of brown sugar. I did have to add about 1/4 cup more flour than called for in the recipe. I will post some notes at the bottom.
Best Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate chip cookie
2 cups all purpose flour (plus more if dough is too sticky)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. unsalted butter, melted
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. I was able to fit about 6 on one pan.
4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
*Note- When I went to put the cookies on the sheet they were very sticky. I could tell they probably wouldn't turn out so I added flour a little at a time until the dough was no longer sticking to my hands. Just be careful not to add too much. *
As if a big cookie wasn't enough I had an irresistable craving for hot fudge and ice cream tonight. I have made the giant cookies in a pie plate and topped with ice cream but even if my whole family has some we always end up wasting half of it. It just doesn't taste as good once the cookie is cooled. Then I remembered this Sundae I had at Disneyland. This is my attempt.
2 freshly baked chocolate chip cookies
enough vanilla ice cream for 1-2 people
whipped cream
hot fudge sauce
mini chocolate chips
I like this best when the cookies are fresh out of the oven. As soon as they have cooled for a minute or two transfer them to a bowl or plate. Top with ice cream, hot fudge and whipped cream. Garnish with mini chocolate chips and a cherry. It doesn't get any better than this.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...