Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Best Ever Chocolate Cake




When I saw this on Kevin and Amanda's website I knew I wanted to try it. It looked so good. This one is a lot like the Chocolate Lover's Favorite cake, but with frosting and vanilla extract instead of almond. I happen to love almond extract and next time I would like use it instead of the vanilla. I am also a die hard chocolate girl so I would use a chocolate buttercream instead of the vanilla one. The cake was very moist and the frosting was extra creamy. Anyway, it was delicious.

The Best Chocolate Cake Ever
1 box devil’s food cake mix



1 4 serving size Jello instant chocolate pudding mix (not the sugar or fat free kind!)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips (or regular. Just whatever you have)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a VERY large bowl (4 qt), mix together everything except chocolate chips. Batter will be thick. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into cake pan of choice (I normally use two 9-inch pie pans). For cooking time, I use the cooking times on the back of the devil’s food cake box as a guide and usually add 10 mins to whatever it says. Then I do the toothpick check, and if it’s not done, I check on it every 5 mins after that. :) It usually takes around 45 mins for two, 9-inch pie pans.


Buttercream Frosting
1 cup shortening (crisco)
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
In a mixing bowl, cream shortening until fluffy. Add sugar and continue creaming until well blended. Add salt, vanilla, and whipping cream. Blend on low speed until moistened. Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...