Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Favorite Chicken Salad

I love chicken salad. Spring is the perfect time of year for these yummy sandwiches. Great on rolls or croissants. This is my favorite recipe. There is also a pasta variation if you want to make it into a pasta salad.



Chicken Salad (for sandwiches)

2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 cup small grapes ( I prefer red in this recipe)
1/2 large can pineapple tidbits, drained well
1 tart red apple, diced
1 cup slivered almonds
1 tsp. minced onions or a bunch of green onions
1 cup celery, finely chopped
1 tsp. salt

Combine all ingredients and mix well. Mix 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (whipped) with 1 cup miracle whip. Mix all together and chill for at least 2 hours.


Chicken Pasta Salad

2 cups cooked pasta (I like bowties)
2 cups diced cooked chicken
2 cups red grapes
2 cups diced apples
1 large can pineapple tidbits
5-6 green onions
2 cups sliced celery
3/4 cup slivered almonds

Mix all together. Add 1 cup miracle whip. 1 cup coleslaw dressing. chill.




Pin It!

2 comments:

Julia said...

I made chicken salad sandwiches for my playgroup today using this recipe, and I have to say, I was a little skeptical because I don't really like Miracle Whip, but it is soooooooo good!!! Definitely going to make it again!

My Sister's Kitchen said...

I don't like miracle whip either but a girl brought it to church a long time ago and I loved it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...