Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Homemade Oreos


I have called Lisa at least 5 times for this recipe. I have a horrible habit of scribbling down recipes on scratch paper and then trashing them only to have to call the owner of the recipe yet again for the same recipe. Hopefully this blog will help with that. Anyway, these are so yummy and easy. They're great for casual get togethers and they always dissappear quickly. I actually don't think they taste anything like homemade oreos but they are good.

Cookies:
1 box devil's food cake mix
2/3 cup oil (per Lisa's instructions add a little less. I agree. Don't let them get too greasy.
2 eggs

Mix well. Roll into small balls. Place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Let cool.

Filling:
You can either use storebought vanilla or cream cheese frosting (any flavor you like actually) or use this frosting recipe

1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. butter
1 tbsp. vanilla
2 cups sifted powdered sugar

Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla together. Add powdered sugar and mix together. Spread filling on top of cookie and then top with another cookie. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

I usually double this recipe because it never seems like there are enough

*variations: I have made this using oatmeal cookies and cream cheese frosting which is like the Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies only better. I also think it would be good with a mint frosting. I'll have to try it.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...