Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

I know some people are not a fan of the sour cream enchiladas but that is what I grew up on and I love them. It was one of the first things I learned how to make when I was first married and they are still one of my husband's favorite meals. My friend Brittany brought this version to a get together and I loved it. It is a lot easier than the enchiladas because you don't have to roll the individual enchiladas. I like the fact that I can serve this with a salad and feel like it's a whole meal.

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup sour cream
1 can 4 1/2 oz. diced green chilies
1 cup chicken broth
18 corn tortillas
3 c. cooked chicken breast (season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and cook in a few tbsp. olive oil) , cubed or shredded
lots of cheese

Cook the chicken and shred or cube. Mix the soups, broth, sour cream and green chilies. Tear up corn tortillas and mix in with the sauce. Mix in cheese to taste. I would say approx 1 11/2 cups. Top with more shredded cheese and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour.

We like it cut into squares and topped with salsa and sour cream.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...