Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Potato Casserole


This is another of my Mom's delicious recipes. They are better known here in Utah as funeral potatoes. I don't know what is different about my recipe but I get a lot of requests for this recipe. It might be the butter. You can add diced ham or green/red peppers to change it up. These are just some plain old cheesy, creamy potatoes. They are really easy to make because it starts with frozen hashbrown. (I accidentally bought shredded hash browns but I prefer the cubed kind. You can use whatever you prefer. )






Potato Casserole




32 oz. frozen cubed hashbrowns


1 cube melted butter


1/2 tsp pepper


1 tsp salt


1 can cream of chicken soup


2 cups grated cheddar cheese (I always use the colby mix because that's what I buy) plus more for top


1 tsp salt


2 tbsp. onion, minced


1 pint (2 cups) sour cream






Mix all ingredients except for hashbrowns & cheese in large bowl. Once well mixed add hasbhrowns and cheese. Put in a greased 9x13 pan and top with more cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40-60 minutes until warm and bubbly.








Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...