Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Judds' Breadsticks


I love homemade breadsticks and these are my favorite. They come from a family cookbook I was given as a gift. They are really simple and I've never had a problem with them rising. They are chewy and tender and you can flavor them however you want. I use the green parmesean (because I think it sticks more evenly than fresh) and a little garlic salt w/ parsley. They are best straight from the oven or warmed in the microwave. They are extremely big so I usually cut them in half before twisting them and only do half a batch. Makes 14-16.
Judd's Breadsticks
4 cups hot tap water
3 Tablespoons yeast
1/3 c. granulated sugar
3 tsp. salt
8-10 cups flour
melted butter (for brushing)
Seasonings (parmesean, garlic salt, etc.)
Mix first 4 ingredients together. Gradually add flour until stiff. Let raise for 1/2 an hour. Roll out into 1/2 inch thick and cut into strips two inches wide with pizza cutter ( I also cut them in the middle because they are super long). Fold into three's and twist, pinching ends. Roll (or brush) in melted butter and place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesean cheese. Let raise until doubled. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...