Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Easy Blender Salsa


I originally got this recipe from Sara Layton but found out the girl who created it is none other than Prudence Pennywise. I actually used to work with her back in my working days and she is such a great person. She has won quite a few cooking contests and is so creative. She has a great website that is focused on good food on a budget. This salsa is so yummy and easy and if you're like me and don't like big chunks in your salsa it's perfect. You can blend it to your liking.


Super Fast Blender Salsa

Estimated Cost: $$1.50
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 white onion, chopped
1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos, undrained
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, with some tender stems
juice of 1 lime
salt, to taste


Combine ingredients in the blender in the order listed. Puree until smooth, or leave a little chunky, if desired.

*the way Sara gave the recipe to me it also calls for a can of diced tomates with green chilies. I have always made it that way.*
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...