Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle








One of my favorite combinations. This trifle from My Kitchen Cafe was calling my name and as usual I was not disappointed. Layers of brownies, creamy peanut butter pudding, delicious whipped cream, and one of my favorites-- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups,you really can't go wrong with this. It is super rich so beware! One thing I might change next time is to swap out the peanut butter chips in the brownies for semi sweet chocolate chips. I tend to like the chocolate flavor to be a little more dominant.




Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle


My Kitchen Cafe




1 9X13 pan of your favorite brownie recipe (I used this one)


10 ounce bag of peanut butter chips (or 10 oz semi sweet chocolate chips)


5 ounce package vanilla instant pudding mix


3 cups milk


1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy


2 teaspoons vanilla extract


1 cup whipping cream, whipped and divided (I added 2 tbsp. sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla to this)


24 regular sized (about 2 inches in diameter) peanut butter cups, divided




Line a 13 by 9 inch pan with aluminum foil, extend foil by 2 inches over side. Grease lightly with cooking spray. Prepare brownies according to the recipe. Add peanut butter chips. Bake in foil lined pan for length of time required. Cool completely.Lift foil out of pan. Invert on cutting board. Remove foil. Cut into 3/4 inch pieces, using sharp knife.Coarsely chop peanut butter cups; 1/4 cup for garnish.Combine pudding mix and milk in large bowl. Beat at low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened (I had to chill mine for about 5 minutes to thicken it completely). Add peanut butter and vanilla; beat until smooth. Gently fold in half of whipped cream.Place half of brownies in bottom of trifle bowl; top with 1/2 of chopped candy and half of pudding. Repeat layers. Top with remaining whipped cream, spooned or piped on. Garnish top with remaining peanut butter cups.


Pin It!

3 comments:

Frieda Loves Bread said...

You had me at chocolate and peanut butter~

Melanie said...

I KNEW it would look so much prettier in a trifle bowl. Your pictures has convinced me to go get one.

My Sister's Kitchen said...

I don't know about that, you're pictures are always incredible. Anyway, I think I got mine at Walmart for $5.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...