Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Marathon Pasta Salad



Last year my husband got this crazy idea that he would take up running and signed up for the St. George Marathon. He did it and got an awesome time even through the non-stop rain. I was so proud of him. Anyway, as you may know when you're running you need lots of carbs. Especially when you're doing 20 milers. I happened to be training for a 100 mile bike ride at the same time so needless to say we were about the least Atkins friendly family around. Okay, I'm getting off the subject. Back to cooking. Every Friday night was pasta night so we could carbo load for the big run/ride the next day. You can only eat so much spaghetti before wanting something new, especially when it's 100 + degrees outside . My friends Sara and Natalie passed on this delicious salad from Christy Miller. It's so light and tasty and all the combinations- chewy pasta, crunchy celery, sweet grapes, and the moist chicken just work so well together. It's a perfect light dinner or great side dish. Perfect, even when you're not carbo loading. I have named it Marathon Salad in their honor.



Marathon Pasta Salad


*This is for 1 generous serving size. Just increase the amounts according to how many you're serving.*


4 oz. cooked and sliced or cubed chicken breast ( I like to cook mine in a little olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt)


20 grapes


2-3 torn romaine lettuce leaves (according to how much you want in your salad)


1 stalk celery, sliced thin


2 oz. bow tie pasta, cooked according to package directions


Salad Dressing of your choice *My favorite is Cesar but I know a lot of people like this with Breann's Poppy seed Dressing*


Combine all ingredients and pour on desired amount of dressing. Easy and delicious!



Pin It!

4 comments:

jen said...

I LOVE this salad. I use Brianna's Poppy Seed dressing. It is fantastic!

jen said...

BTW, I marinate the chicken in Yoshida sauce over night. It is really yummy.

Melody said...

I like that it is one serving size. Yummy! It looks like my kind of salad.

My Sister's Kitchen said...

I'll have to try marinating the chicken. I bet it's really good. Thanks for the tip.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...