Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Meals



I know this is a little late for this year but I just couldn't resist posting some of the delicious food we had for Christmas.

Lets start with breakfast. After all the trying and testing, my husband said, let's just have the usual. As soon as I tasted it Christmas morning I decided right then and there, this is my tried and true, go to, never changing Christmas Breakfast. It was so delicious! I did try Paula Deen's recipe for the French Toast Casserole (I usually do this) and it was fabulous. Pretty much the same as I what I usually make. Without comparing them side by side I couldn't choose a favorite. The hashbrown omlet is always so yummy, my favorite part has got to be the cheese! We had a few new additions this year, both from Leigh Anne. A delicious fruit salad and some super easy, super delicious hot cocoa!


Christmas Breakfast










Onto the main meal. My sister hosted Christmas at her house this year.The meal was delicious. This is what we ate.


Cornish Game Hens


Mushroom and Sausage Stuffing


Aunt Jane's Mashed Potatoes


Brussells Sprout Gratin


Sweet Potato Bake


Decadent Peanut Butter Pie


Red Velvet Bread Pudding (My sister and I both agreed this would be even better with some mini chocolate chips mixed in)


Hot Chocolate Bar


Christmas Eve was nice. I had my husbands family over and since I had to prepare food for Christmas Dinner the next day to take to my sister's I wanted something simple. I was able to make most of the dishes,the day before. The stew was prepared in the morning, that way when dinner time rolled around I had the oven free for a few delicious appetizers and had time to make the salad.

Eggnog Punch

Beef Stew


Lion House Rolls


Winter Spinach Salad


Christmas Jello


Glazed Chocolate Cream Roll


Pomegranate Cheesecake






Posted by: Sallie












Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...