Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Chocolate Covered Nuts

Picture courtesy of The Sister's Cafe



I had to laugh because I've been making these totally easy, totally delicious chocolate covered nuts for years but for some reason (maybe because I haven't had treats for awhile) I totally forgot about these this year. Then for no apparent reason, I thought of them in the middle of the night and made a mental note to get them on the blog. That same day the girls over at Sister's Cafe posted the same recipe. Guess I'm not the only one who thinks they're delicious. (And luckily they snapped a picture too. I'll put one on as soon as I make mine.)

Like I said before these are so easy it's almost embarassing! These were some of the first "candies" I made when my husband and I were first married. Creamy chocolate and crunchy nuts. What's not to love? We both still love them and bet you will too. Our favorite are peanuts and cashews.

Chocolate Covered Nuts

1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
approximately 3 cups cashews, mixed nuts, or dry roasted peanuts
Combine all the chocolate chips together in a glass bowl. Microwave on 60% power for 1 minute. Stir gently once or twice. Microwave for another minute on 60% power. Chocolate chips should be glossy and melted slightly but still in their shape. Stir gently until melted completely. Every microwave is different, you may need an extra 30 seconds to a minute - just remember not to use full power.

Pour nuts into chocolate and gently stir to coat well. You don't really need to measure here. Just pour in some nuts, stir and see if you need to add more. The nuts should be completely covered in chocolate. A nice healthy dose.

With a spoon, drop small clusters on wax paper, parchment paper, or Silpat. Allow to cool completely then store between layers of wax paper in a Tupperware - somewhere cool and dry ( The garage is a great place!)


Posted by: Sallie & Julia
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...