Okay, so here's my last pumpkin post for the week and it's a good one. I just spotted this on Barbara Bakes who got it from Streaming Gourmet. All I can say is look at the ingredients. 1 cup of butter, 3 cups of sugar how could this be bad? According to Barbara it tastes just like the Great Harvest Bread Co. Pumpkin Bread. Delish! I'm a chocolate girl so I decided to go that route this time but I also think it would be really good to do half chocolate chips and half nuts.See you next week when we'll be starting our Thanksgiving Countdown!
Ultimate Pumpkin Bread
Barbara Bakes & Streaming Gourmet
Yields 2 Medium Loaves
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter, really soft, half melted really
3 large eggs
1 16 oz can of pure pumpkin
1/2 -1 cup mini chocolate chips or 1/2 cup pecans or 1/2 cup of each
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F and spray two medium loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the flour, spices, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer with the wire whisk attached, dump in the sugar. Take the butter and put it in the microwave for about 30 seconds, so that it is half melted. Dump it into the sugar. Add the eggs. Cream these three ingredients together on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until fluffy. Add the pumpkin and combine well.
4. In three batches, add the dry ingredients mix gently until each batch is just incorporated. Scrape the sides between each batch. Mix in chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake side-by-side for about one hour or until an inserted knife comes out clean the top is golden.
Posted by: Sallie