Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Friday, June 12, 2009

Out of this World Rice Krispie Treats


I think I've died and gone to Heaven. I could seriously be sitting here as I type eating a whole pan of these, but like the saint that I am, I will dutifully send them to a Soccer Party as promised. Good thing too because I really don't know if I could restrain myself . These are that good! Loaded with gooey marshmallows, peanut butter, toffee chips and a thick, gooey layer of chocolate on top. Believe me, they won't last long.

Toffee Rice Krispie Treats
adapted from recipezaar

1/2 c. butter
80 large marshmallows
1/3 cup peanut butter
10 cups Rice Krispie's Cereal
1 1/3 bag toffee pieces
12 oz. chocolate chips, milk or semi-sweet
butter for pan

1. Place butter in a very large mixing bowl.
2. Microwave on high for 1-1 1/2 minutes or until melted.
3. Add marshmallows and stir to coat with butter.
4. Microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute.
5. Stir in peanut butter until smooth.
6. Stir in cereal and toffee chips until well coated
7. Transfer mixture to a foil-lined and buttered 9 x 13 pan.
8. With buttered spatula, press mixture evenly into pan.
9. Melt chocolate chips in microwave stirring every 30 seconds. Spread evenly on top of Rice Krispie Treats.
Makes 20 bars

Posted by: Sallie


















Pin It!

1 comments:

Melody said...

Wow! Just that layer on chocolate on top had my mouth watering. Peanut butter and toffee pieces too? Have mercy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...