Our love affair with Mexican Food continues. Really similar to this, it was an instant hit. A perfect light summer dish with classic flavors.Toasted corn, black beans, avocado, and tomatoes dressed with a light citrusy dressing that packs a little punch from the chipotle chilies .(If you'd like less spice, just cut down on the amount of chipotle chilies.)
This dish is so versatile. It goes perfectly with any grilled meat and if you've got a bag of tortilla chips it can also be a quick lunch, dinner or appetizer.
Southwestern Black Bean Salad
- 4 scallion, sliced thin
- 1 TB minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 5 cobs of corn
- 2 (16 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, skinned, and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and chopped
- heaping ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1) Make dressing: combine scallions, chipotle, honey, lime juice, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper. Slowly whisk in in 2 TB oil. (Dressing can be refrigerated, covered, for one day.)
- 2) Toast corn: Scrape corn off cobs. Heat some olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Cook corn until spotty brown, ~5 minutes.
- 3) Toss salad: Put beans, avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, and toasted corn to large serving bowl. Mix in dressing to taste. Season with salt and pepper in necessary. Serve.
Posted by: Sallie