Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hot Fudge Sundaes and another birthday




I don't know about you but it seems like I blinked and already we're half way through March. I can't believe how fast this year is going by.



Speaking of how time flies, my second to youngest daughter just turned six. I don't know how this happened. It seemed like one day I was in a house full of babies, changing diapers, feeding, rushing home so we wouldn't miss the all important nap! Now I'm entering the era of the Taxi Mom. Sports, dance, scouts, birthday parties, piano, etc. but I wouldn't trade it for the world.





I just can't resist sharing a little about each child on their birthday. (Someday I'll print out these blog posts and it will be nice to have a little something for them to look back on since I'm the world's worst scrapbooker! )


Emma is my personality girl. I get so many comments about her. She's definitely the life of the party. Not only is she fun to be around, she has a funny side and is one of the sweetest little girls you'll ever meet. She's always the first to share or help whoever is hurt, especially her little sister. They're such good friends and it's so cute to watch them together. She loves music and is constantly singing to the radio or t.v.


Here are a few of her answers from her Kindergarten birthday interview.




Favorite color: pink




Favorite Food: brownies




Favorite part about school: snack time




What do you want to be when you grow up: A cheerleader



I can't believe she's six and it makes me a little sad because I know she'll be in school full time next year. I always shed a tear or two when my kids start 1st grade because I know I won't see them as much anymore. As much as I love to watch them learn and grow it's always a little bittersweet.



Emma is by far my pickiest eater. I think she lived solely on pb & j sandwiches, quesadillas, and waffles for the first four years of her life. She has branched out a little and we're working on trying new things everyday. For Emma's birthday dessert she picked hot fudge sundaes. Yum! For sure one of my all time favorites I figured since I was getting off so easy I might as well make the hot fudge sauce. I've tried a few recipes but this is one of my favorites. It comes from the famous Ben and Jerry as in the Ice Cream Ben and Jerry's. Chocolatey, silky, decadent, delicious! I like this sauce because it keeps really well in the fridge.




Hot Fudge Sauce



From Ben and Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book



Ingredients
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream (for extra decadent, use all cream)

Instructions
In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring frequently. Add the cocoa and whisk until it dissolves. Using a slotted spoon, gradually stir in the sugar (the mixture should be the consistency of wet sand.) Cook over the simmering water, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Gradually stir in the milk and cream. Continue cooking and stirring for one hour, checking the water level in the double boiler and replenishing it when necessary. When the fudge is completely smooth and the sugar is dissolved, the sauce is ready. Makes one generous quart.

Posted by: Sallie



Pin It!

1 comments:

My Sister's Kitchen said...

I just love when you post things about your kids. Emma is definitely full of personality! She's such a wonderful little girl, I can't believe she's 6 already too...it's amazing how time flies.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...