Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Crystal's Delicious Guacamole


We had another birthday and a baptism this week and were lucky enough to have my Mom and her husband and my sister and her husband and of course, their adorable baby! We had such a good time and ate lots of great food. My family is really partial to Mexican Food and Sunday my sister made some fabulous guacamole. It comes from her friend Crystal and is one of those recipes that you can tweak until it tastes just how you like it. I made it again at the request of my husband and put what I used just as guidelines.


Crystal's Guacamole


Fresh squeezed lime or lemon juice (we like lemon) (1/2 gently squeezed. I didn't use all the juice, just squeezed until it the juice wasn't coming out as easily)

fresh squeezed orange juice (1/2 an orange. same directions as with lemon)

finely diced tomato - I used one Roma tomato

finely chopped onion- about 1/2 a medium onion

garlic, minced and finely diced- 2 cloves

cilantro- I actually forgot about this and left it out but I'd say about half a handful, depending on how much you like.

salt- about 3/4 a tsp.

Serrano peppers (seeds removed if you don't want it too spicy and diced finely) I didn't have these so left them out.

avocados (mashed until desired consistency. We like ours a little chunky). I used 4 and we had quite a bit left over. We fed 10 people Sunday and had a little leftover using 4 avocados.

Mix all ingredients and serve with tortilla chips.
Pin It!

1 comments:

The Double Dipped Life said...

This looks really good! I would never have thought to put orange juice in my guac.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...