Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Creamy Grape Salad


I hope everyone had as much fun as we did over the long weekend. We went up and stayed in a cabin in the Kolob Reservoir area. It was so nice to just get away and let the kids roam in the great outdoors . Of course we had lots of yummy food. My Mom passed this recipe on via one of her co-workers and it was a big hit. I know it sounds kind of strange but it was delicious. The cream cheese and sour cream blended wonderfully for a perfectly delicious and creamy dressing mixed with the slightly tart grapes .The brown sugar kind of soaks into the mixture and is really, really good. It's not the prettiest salad ever, but you'll just have to trust me on this one. I think I had probably closer to 3 lbs. of grapes but after you've made it you can decide to add more or less grapes depending on how much "dressing" you want.

Creamy Grape Salad
Adapted from the Worldwide Ward Cookbook
2 lbs. red seedless grapes
2 lbs. green grapes
1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Topping:
1/2-1 cup brown sugar ( I am not sure if I had the full amount of grapes but I used 1/2 cup and it was perfect but if you use the full 4 lbs. I would use 1 cup brown sugar.)
1 cup toasted pecans, optional
Mix cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla together until smooth in large serving bowl. Add grapes. Sprinkle brown sugar and pecans on top. It is best if it has a couple of hours to chill before serving. that way the brown sugar melts a little and mixes with the cream.
*This salad must be making the rounds because I just saw it on Leigh Anne's website a couple of days after I posted it. Her pictures are much better than the others I found on the internet (no camera at the cabin) so you can get a better idea of how yummy this is*
Posted by: Sallie
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...