Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Friday, September 11, 2009

The Cornbread











Okay, here's another cornbread recipe you have got to make. Sorry for the repeat so soon but this is utterly, amazingly, delicious! I made a batch up at the cabin and my friend and I of course had to sample it because the oven up there was not the greatest. We just couldn't stop picking at it. Needless to say, between us and the kids by the time the husbands made it back there was none left! We ended up making another batch and I have made it again since I got home! It's sweet, tender and with the honey butter it is just out of this world! Thanks Mel for another awesome recipe.








Cornbread


My Kitchen Cafe





½ cup cornmeal


1 ½ cup flour


2/3 cup sugar


1 tablespoon baking powder


½ teaspoon salt


1/3 cup oil


3 tablespoons butter, melted


2 eggs, beaten


1 ¼ cup milk




Add dry ingredients, make a well and add oil, butter, eggs, and milk into the center. Stir until just mixed (batter will be runny). Bake in an 8” square pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. This doubles perfectly for a 9X13-inch pan.




Honey Butter:2 sticks butter, softened1/2 cup honey1/2 cup marshmallow fluff. Whip all together with an electric mixer and serve at room temperature (can be refrigerated and softened).

Posted by:Sallie


Pin It!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, I'm glad you liked this. Isn't the honey butter to die for??

My Sister's Kitchen said...

Yes, that was my favorite part. I think I might have eaten as much honey butter as bread!

jen said...

This was so so so yummy! I made it last night and my family devoured it. I am making another pan tonight! Thanks for the recipe.

My Sister's Kitchen said...

I'm glad you guys liked it. I seriously made it like 3 or 4 times in a row!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...