Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sweet and Easy Cornbread

Picture Courtesy of Our Best Bites



I am just willing Fall to get here so I can start breaking out my Fall recipes again. I love the spring and summer months that come with a lot of light dishes and grilling but I have to admit I think the warm comfort foods of fall and winter are my favorite. Truth be told, I never really liked cornbread until about 7 years ago when I tried this recipe. Most of the cornbread I had tried was too dry, too crumbly, not sweet enough, and basically, not worth eating. This recipe changed that and since then I have found several other recipes I like too. Another tip from Our Best Bites--replacing the water called for in the recipe with milk--made it even better. I'm sharing this one first because it's so yummy and easy. You can make it into muffins, or squares. I love it with Cinnamon Honey Butter.




Sweet and Easy Cornbread

1 yellow cake mix
2 Jiffy cornbread mixes
Oil, milk, and eggs according to package directions

Preheat oven according to directions on cake mix box. Combine cake mix and cornbread mixes in a large bowl. Add eggs, oil, and milk according to package directions (replace all water with milk). Mix together according to cake mix directions.


Bake according to directions on cake mix. Usually around 20 minutes for the muffins and 30 for the cake. If you find that it is not done in the center and browning too quickly, cover with foil and keep cooking until middle is done.




*This makes a lot of cornbread and since I don't really like using half a cake mix I usually just make it all and freeze the leftovers. You can either do 24 muffins, 12 muffins and a 9 x13 or a 9x13 and 8x8 pan. *
Posted by: Sallie
Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...