Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Glazed Poppyseed Bundt Cake

Picture from My Kitchen Cafe


You all know I have a serious obsession with chocolate but some people prefer non-chocolate desserts and I like to have a variety of options. I needed something fast and light to balance the decadent Paula Deen brownies I was serving alongside them for my book club . This cake was exactly what I was looking for. The cake was moist and light and the buttery glaze was delicious without being too heavy. Again, I had several requests for the recipe and this is now going to be a go to recipe when I need a quick, delicious dessert! Don't tell anyone but I actually liked it better than the brownies!


p.s. for anyone who wants the other recipes I served the links are below.








Glazed Poppyseed Bundt Cake






1 yellow cake mix


1 (3.5 oz) box of instant vanilla pudding


1 tablespoon poppyseeds


1/2 cup pinapple or orange juice (I used pineapple)


1/2 cup oil


1 cup sour cream (can use reduced fat)


4 eggs




Mix yellow cake mix, vanilla pudding and poppy seeds. Add juice, oil, and sour cream and mix. Add 4 eggs one at a time, mix well. Grease and flour a bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes (don't over bake).When the cake is about 10 minutes from being done start the glaze.Glaze:1 cup sugar1/4 cup water1/2 cup butter (1 cube)Bring ingredients to a boil and keep bubbling until ready to pour over cake. You can either pour the glaze over the cake while it is in the pan or turn the cake out onto a cooling rack and pour the glaze over the cake that way. It is really like syrup that soaks in. (Some commenters have said that glazing the cake in the pan makes it hard to remove because the glaze gets sticky. I glazed it out of the pan and it worked great.) Give it a few minutes to soak in and then turn it out onto a cake plate. Optional: dust top of cake with powdered sugar.


Posted by: Sallie
Pin It!

3 comments:

Maria said...

The cake looks lovely!

jen said...

I will definitely be making t his. It was so good. Thanks for the recipe!

My Sister's Kitchen said...

That is so funny your kids wanted to start selling the cakes. I'm glad you liked it. It is going to become a regular around here.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...