Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chicken Alfredo Pizza


I've mentioned before that my husband's tastes are pretty simple. He'd be perfectly happy to eat the same seven meals over and over every single week. He requested pizza for his birthday meal and to change it up we tried one of our restaurant favorites-- Chicken Alfredo pizza.


I didn't really have a recipe so i decided to make my own. I started with a simple Alfredo sauce recipe from my mother in law, added some seasoned chicken, sliced red onion and lots of cheese. I actually made 3 other kinds of pizza and this was by far the best. It would be a great way to use up some leftover chicken or Alfredo sauce. I was in a kind of pizza frenzy and didn't really think about it but next time I think adding some fresh cilantro would be delicious!


Chicken Alfredo Pizza


Alfredo Sauce:


1/4 cup real butter

1 tbsp. flour

1 cup half and half or cream (I've always used half and half)

3/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese


Melt butter in small saucepan. Add remaining ingredients in order. Heat over low heat until smooth and thickened. (Make sure not to turn heat up too high or it will curdle).


2 boneless skinless chicken breasts seasoned with garlic salt and pepper. Grill or cook in pan with small amount of olive oil. Let rest for a few minutes, then shred into small chunks.

If you're in a hurry you could always use meat from a rotisserie chicken.


Red onion cut in half and then sliced into small slivers. I didn't measure, just to taste.


Lots of mozzarella cheese, grated


cilantro and grated Parmesan cheese, optional


Your favorite pizza crust recipe. I tried Pioneer Woman's this time and it was great. If you're interested, the recipe can be found here.


To make the pizza:


Preheat oven to 500 degrees.


Once crust is spread in pan spread Alfredo sauce generously on top. (I used most of the sauce from the above recipe for half of a jelly roll pan.)


Layer chicken and onion and cilantro if using. Top with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle on a little grated Parmesan cheese over entire pizza including crust.


Bake in a 500 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or until crust is done and cheese is melted.
*Just a note in my oven it took close to 20 minutes.*


Remove and garnish with more cilantro


Posted by: Sallie


Pin It!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...