Creating memories in the kitchen...One meal at a time.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Costa Vida Chicken


Cafe Rio and Costa Vida are two of my all time favorite, would eat there every day restaurants. I love the homemade version of the Cafe Rio pork but honestly every time I go I get either the Chicken Salad or the Tortilla soup. I tried Leigh Anne's recipe and it was delicious. We used it first on salads and then in tacos. It was so fast and easy, used only a handful of ingredients, and your crock pot does all the work! A great way to change up taco night at our house!


Costa Vida Chicken
Leigh Anne

1 small bottle Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
1 Tbsp. each of Cumin and Chili Powder
3 cloves garlic, minced
5 boneless skinless chicken breasts

This recipe can easily be halved but I took Leigh Anne suggestion and froze half for later.

Cook all ingredients in crock pot on high for 4 hours. Shred chicken and cook 1 additional hour. Serve.

Posted by: Sallie


Pin It!

2 comments:

The Double Dipped Life said...

Is this really all there is to it? It's seems too simple! Thanks for the recipe- I look forward to trying it!

My Sister's Kitchen said...

It really is simple and delicious. I can't wait to make it again.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...