Pinned via Pinterest, and thoroughly enjoyed as a Christmas Dinner appetizer, this dip is delish.
In fact, my husband and I loved it so much, I came home from my sister's and made it again.
Tart, sweet and spicy, all rolled into one and spread on top of silky, smooth cream cheese. This dip is pure heaven. This will be appearing on Superbowl Sunday, no doubt about it.
Serve with ritz crackers, wheat thins or tortilla chips.
Spicy Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip
1 12 oz package fresh cranberries
1/4 C green onion, chopped
1/4 C cilantro, chopped
1 small jalapeno pepper
1 1/4 C sugar
1/4 t cumin
2 T lemon juice
2 8 oz packages cream cheese
1. Put your cranberries in a food processor. You could also, just chop them up.
2. Chop up your green onion, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper into small pieces. Careful of the seeds now. Throw on a pair of rubber gloves or something, please. The seeds are the hot part of the pepper. If you don't like a lot of heat on the old pallet, just leave the jalapeno out.
3. Add all ingredients (but the cream cheese and the wheat thins) into a bowl. Mix them all together, cover and store in the fridge for at least 4 hours. The sugar needs some time to soak in to the cranberries and break up their bitter taste.
4. When you are ready to serve, place your cream cheese bricks on a plate.
5. Spread the cream cheese out as evenly as you can.
6. Pour your cranberry mixture over the cream cheese.
7. Spread it all around.
8. Serve immediately with Wheat Thins, Ritz Crackers or Tortilla Chips.
Recipe Source: Jamie Cooks It Up! via Pinterest
Posted by: Sallie and Julia