Have you ever made guacamole only to discover that the next morning it has already turned a disgusting brown color? Here's a simple way to keep your guacamole fresh for as long as a week.
1. First, put the guacamole in the smallest bowl it will fit in, leaving approximately half an inch between the dip and the bowl's rim.
2. Smooth out the top of the dip with a spoon, making it as flat as possible.
3. Spoon a few dollops of sour cream into the bowl. Enough to cover all the guacamole with a thin but opaque layer of sour cream.
4. Gently place a sheet of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the sour cream, making sure it creates and air tight seal. Be careful not to leave any guacamole unwrapped and make sure there are no air bubbles. Press the plastic wrap against the sides of the bowl to improve the seal.
5. Place it in the fridge and enjoy it tomorrow (or even a few days later, up to a week, depending on the freshness of your avocados.)